We embed ESG into everything we do.
Cityview is dedicated to redefining urban living. Guided by our five core values—impactful, purposeful, straightforward, bold, and agile—we design spaces so people can live and thrive in their homes and beyond.
As a responsible developer, we’ve adopted a comprehensive ESG Policy. This helps us embed environmental, social and governance factors into everything we do—from investment decisions to managing and operating our properties. Find our 2022 ESG report here.
Cityview submitted to GRESB for the 3rd year in a row and received a score of 74 (9 points higher than our peer average)
Integrating ESG into every part of our business makes good business sense.
We believe our policy allows us to:
We aim for responsible development, resource efficiency and resilience.
2022 GRESB Result Highlights
Energy intensities are measured in kilowatt hours per square foot. Higher levels of energy efficiency reduce expenses for both residents and property owners in addition to making properties more sustainable.
GHG Emissions are measured by mass in kilograms per square foot. These metrics measure scope 1 & 2 emissions produced by properties and are generally considered a property’s “carbon footprint”.
Water usage is measured in cubic centimeters per square foot. Less water use reduces expenses for both residents and property owners in addition to sustainability benefits from using less of a finite resource.
We design, build and operate with our residents and communities in mind.
Cityview’s history as a minority founded firm underpins our culture
We recognize that to serve our stakeholders’ needs, social responsibility should have a prominent focus in operations and that starts with promoting a workplace centered on diversity of perspective, equity across the organization, and inclusion at every stage, not just in the hiring process.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are sponsored at the highest levels within the firm
- Talent recruitment and selection practices and policies.
- Compensation and benefits
- Professional development and training
- Promotions & transfers
- Social and recreational programs
Commitment to DEI extends beyond firm to partners and communities
- Through our Responsible Contractor Policy, we consider factors related to experience, reputation, and ability to provide reliable and high-quality services in a cost-efficient manner by providers who pay a fair wage/benefits to their employees
- Through our Cityview Connect Policy, we encourage minority and women business enterprises (M/WBE) to compete for opportunities to share in total expenditures for contractor services – to date, it has contracted $385 million with over 140 minority service providers
We ensure performance and accountability through objective measures.
Cityview prioritizes honesty, ethics and fiduciary responsibility to our clients
Our goal is to deliver value and superior results through our in-house expertise, collaboration with industry peers, and entrepreneurial culture that encourages input from all employees. Business ethics, compliance, transparency and stakeholder engagement are of utmost importance to us.
2022 Governance Initiatives
- Develop Sustainable Operations Checklist for consistent measurement across assets
- Compile Sustainability Scorecards
- Establish benchmarking tool to compare sustainable performance vs. peers
- Revamp annual investor reporting
- Improve GRESB score annually on core portfolio and expand data submission on remainder of portfolio
Achievements to Date
- Through its Cityview Connect initiative, $385+ million has been contracted with over 140 minority service providers
- Proud member of GRESB
- Two properties are fully Fitwel certified with three additional in process
- All development projects are LEED certified or equivalent, and new developments are designed to a LEED silver minimum equivalency
- Founded as a minority-owned business and continues to support DEI throughout the firm
- Implemented years-long focused hiring practices and processes dedicated to interviewing from a diverse candidate pool
ESG disclosures and data monitoring.
What we stand for.